Pilsner Urquell

That poo is cuter than :poop:.

That’s keep it clean please… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

big waste of time here

See Ya!! Sneezles61

Just bringing the wort to a boil for 5 gals of pilsner. Using different yeast this time and decided to try a little Saaz FWH on this one. When I keg it I’ll split the yeast cake and brew 10 gals to lager for spring. Maybe I’ll do a schwarzbier next…

9 lbs Avangard Best Malz Pilsner Malt (1.9 SRM Grain 1 97.9 %
2.0 oz Carapils (Briess) (1.5 SRM) Grain 2 1.4 %
1.0 oz Carafa Special II (Weyermann) (415.0 SRM Grain 3 0.7 %
0.80 oz CZ Saaz [3.40 %] - First Wort 60.0 min Hop 4 11.1 IBUs
0.55 oz German Magnum [14.30 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 5 29.1 IBUs
0.50 Items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 mins) Fining 6 -
1.00 oz CZ Saaz [3.40 %] - Boil 10.0 min Hop 7 4.6 IBUs
1.0 pkg Bavarian Lager (Wyeast Labs #2206) [124. Yeast 8 -

The bavarian lager yeast has become my go to pilsner yeast. Love it. Really accentuates the grainy pilsen flavor.

Briess grainy? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ve got the whites 830 German lager… I’m almost caught up to my self so I can start some lagering… Sneezles61

I’m brewing 10 gals more pils tomorrow AM. Doing a 2L revitalizing starter right now to pitch at high K

1 Like

Man, not a great brew day. 50-60 mph wind gusts so the wind is swirling even in my little brewpit stairwell. Probably gonna have to postpone the pils…

I got my pilsner pale going. A little wind here also.

Beautiful day today, low 40s and sunny. Just mashed in the pils.

Changed up the recipe a little bit today. Moved flavor hops that I usually do on the pils from 20 mins to FWH and increased bittering a bit.

Nice looking beer! @dannyboy58. I love the challenge of brewing a tasty well made lager.

Thanks Loop! I love brewing pilsners. Simple, easy but you better have your process down. I miss my pH meter and need to get a new one. I like to adjust the kettle pH and really don’t trust the result as much without the meter.

1 Like