Piling Legacy Questions

Hi All,
Going to brew Plinian Legacy kit today. It is the Extract kit. I am trying to add the recipe to iBrewmaster app which i use quite a bit. I find it annoying that for Northern Brewer to offer this recipe, that all the ingredients are not already in place in this app. I can’t find the Hoptimus Rex Simply Select hop blend or the Hopshot in the ingredients lists.

In order to make sure i hit this beer as best possible, does anyone know the actual hop ingredients in these? Ive done searches online and come up empty.

Thanks

Lou

PS, will be enjoying my PTY on Monday at Fathom in Point Loma. MMMM

[quote=“LouBru”]Hi All,
Going to brew Plinian Legacy kit today. It is the Extract kit. I am trying to add the recipe to iBrewmaster app which i use quite a bit. I find it annoying that for Northern Brewer to offer this recipe, that all the ingredients are not already in place in this app. I can’t find the Hoptimus Rex Simply Select hop blend or the Hopshot in the ingredients lists.

In order to make sure i hit this beer as best possible, does anyone know the actual hop ingredients in these? Ive done searches online and come up empty.

Thanks

Lou

PS, will be enjoying my PTY on Monday at Fathom in Point Loma. MMMM[/quote]

3rd result on a google search found this on HBT forum:

“The Simcoe in this recipe has been replaced with “Simply Select Hop Blend.” The quantity of hops and times have stayed the same, so it’s just a 1 for 1 swap. I contacted Northern Brewer and they told me that the blend is 30% Chinook and 70% Ahtanum.”

I use IBM2. I built this recipe last summer when I brewed it. I don’t know that the ingredient dbase gets updated on that app or how often it does. There have been several NB kits I have purchased since I bought the app that I have had to build the recipes for in the app, which is not a big deal once you learn how to do it.

The hops have apparently changed since the two times I brewed it. Danny gave you good tips on the hops to substitute for the recipe in order to build the recipe in the app. However, IBM2 does not have hopshot available. So I built it. In the setup tab, go to hop forms and add “Hop Shot”. Then go to hops tab and add “Hop Shot”. I used the following numbers from researching it on the internet:

Alpha 14.00%
Beta 6.5%
HSI 12.5%

Those should get your recipe close. From what I read it was supposed to be around 100 IBU for the 2 hop shots. I put 2.40 oz in my recipe in IBM2 and it gave me 99.44 IBU for a full 5 gallon boil.

:cheers:
Rad