Ph meter storage Q

I’m about to grab a Milwaukee ph55. I have 4.0 and 7.0 in the cart too. Should I buy storage solution too?

I see a lot of conflicting info. Some say store In 7.0, some say never store in 7.0. Some say tap water. Some say distilled only… What should I do?

Is the extra money on storage solution needed?

What does the meter manufacturer say to do? You should do that for at least as long as there is a warranty.

Very wise.

I checked the FAQ. MA9015 solution purchased!

I was thrown off bc people were saying Milwaukee support said use tap water.

I think you have made a wise choice. I don’t skimp when it comes to the care of my meter. Proper storage will also help to maintain calibration and prolong the life of your electrode.

I’ve learned my lesson on storing the meter I went through 3 meter probes.
I used to keep it in the cap with the storage solution over time it drys out.

Now I use a tall shot glass filled about 1/2 full of solution it never will dry out plus I can see how it’s doing.

[quote=“chuck”]I’ve learned my lesson on storing the meter I went through 3 meter probes.
I used to keep it in the cap with the storage solution over time it drys out.

Now I use a tall shot glass filled about 1/2 full of solution it never will dry out plus I can see how it’s doing.[/quote]

+1

I was planning on doing the cap thing. But yeah if it dries out its fried. I read people say storing in an open container is bad because the solution fouls easy? But couldn’t it foul in the cap too???

I’ve read a lot about meters going bad so I’d like to take ever precaution. Maybe I’ll stick it in a zip lock and stand it up in a glass for storage with solution in the zip lock.

We store ours in a cup with some solution in the bottom and wrap in plastic wrap. The plastic wrap keeps the solution covered and helps to stabalize the meter in the cup. Then I just put it in the corner of the cabinet we keep our equipment in so it doesn’t tip over. This has worked well for me.