OSLO a bottom dwelling kveik?

That’s pretty cool!! I won’t even axe how do that… That’d be way past my comprehension… Sneezles61

1 Like

It’s been two weeks bottle conditioning. Despite aggressive nature of the Oslo strain the bottles are conditioning like a true lager, slowly. Taste wise I made a Pilsner and that’s what I got but at high temperatures. While definitely clean I would need to do a taste comparison of the same recipe to really do a taste comparison. The photo below is a unchilled warm beer poured aggressively with disregard to bottle trub. I wanted to see just how clear this no cold crash beer was.

2 Likes

That’s not too bad a turn, eh? Sneezles61

1 Like

Looks flat

I freeze my primary and it looks beautiful clear when I transfer to the keg then I lager awhile and I’m surprised how much more settles out. Personally I would like to keep as much of that as I could out of bottles. Of course bottle conditioning will get some anyway

It is flatish not completely. It’s surprising, as I said, that after 2 weeks it isn’t more carbonated. The Saison I carbonated the day before is completely carbonated.

Sounds like the warmer fermented batch tasted different but without a lot of off flavors. For the exbeeriment °98 was a high test temp and I get that but for me I cool to the 70’s and let it rip at room temp. The last one I did with one of the Kveik type strains I got came out surprisingly clean for no real temp control.

I still think these type strains can be a game changer for those who don’t have room, can’t afford the equipment or don’t feel like screwing around with temp control.

1 Like

Me do like to use kveik. Here on bonaire. Due to the hot climate. Works nice. For other yeast. Like saison. I use. Temp control