Only 100 gallons a year?

[quote=“dobe12”]I hear ya. I’ve had a lot of bad homemade wine though… and a lot of good homemade beer.
And I’ve been told by makers of both wine and beer that good wine and bad beer are both hard to make. But bad wine and good beer are both easy.[/quote]
Not actually true. The beer making process is considerably more difficult than the wine making process, and mistakes in the process will ruin your results. In addition to process, both wine and beer are heavily dependant on the quality of the ingredients you use. The big difference is that it is easy to get good ingredients for beer, and VERY difficult to source good ingredients for wine. All the best grapes grown are horded by the pros; home winemakers get the left-overs. That is the chief reason that most homemade wine is a step below the commercial stuff.

As for the limits, I’ve been both brewing and making wine for eight years now, and have never made over 100 gallons of either in a year. Not sure what I would do with all that drink if I did. There is only so much you can drink and still operate normally in life.