Oktoberfest Party Line Up

It’s that time of year again!!

This year I’ll be having my party in mid to late October.
1 have 5 taps, but will probably only fill 4 of them.

So far my for sure beers are:

1. Festbier (lighter modern version)
  2. ???
  3. American Stout on nitroooo
  4. Kolsch
  5. Maybe a quick weizen
    I will be brewing the second tap beer this weekend and wanted people’s input.

It’ll be with munich lager yeast so I’m thinking either a Munich Dunkel or Bamberg Rauchbier.

I’ve brewed neither before and liked the idea of that conversation piece- ohhh a smoked beer? But fear that if I don’t like it, I have 5 gallons of it.

So what should I brew with the munich yeast- Munich Dunkel of Bamberg Rauchbier???

I’d recommend the Dunkel. If you’re not sure whether you’ll like the Rauchbier, you definitely don’t want to get stuck with 5 gallons of that stuff.

A dunkel sounds good or you could do a smoked schwarzbier with like 15% rauch malt. I can’t wait for Oktoberfest beer and festivals.

Cool, I was thinking the same.

Maybe I’ll fill the 5th keg with a half batch of Rauchbier.

With the lighter side and “dark” side covered, maybe try a Vienna Lager in the mix? A dunkel is always fine with me, but the gateway beer might be better as a Vienna lager. Where do I get tickets to this event? Sounds like a great time!

Enjoy the brewing and the party.

:cheers:

[quote=“ynotbrusum”]With the lighter side and “dark” side covered, maybe try a Vienna Lager in the mix? A dunkel is always fine with me, but the gateway beer might be better as a Vienna lager. Where do I get tickets to this event? Sounds like a great time!

Enjoy the brewing and the party.

:cheers: [/quote]

Thanks for the idea. I was thinking about the same (nice color range), which I think I have:

Kolsch- 3 SRM, Modern Festbier- 13 SRM, Dunkle- 18 SRM, Stout- Black
So the Festbier is right in the Vienna Lager range and actually is 80% Vienna malt.

Tickets are on sale now btw, all proceeds go to paying for the food- Bratwurts, Smoked Sausage, Bamberg Onions, Alsascen Sauerkraut, Cucumber Salad, Pretzels, and Potato Salad.

I can’t wait. I love brewing beers for parties!!! Such a joy and nerve racking at the same time.

I think modern festbiers tend to be lighter, actually. More in the 7-10 SRM range.

Nice catch. After looking at the recipe again and plugging it into promash, it is 5.1 SRM.

So it’ll probably look about 7-8 SRM in a Liter glass!