Oktoberfest Oatmeal Raisin Cookies:)

Anyone who is a fan of fresh Oatmeal Raisin Cookies will appreciate this, i hope. I love to cook/bake and have been contemplating how to incorporate my love of homebrew into my love of Oatmeal Raisin cookies. So give this a try and i would love some feedback. I just used a nice malty brew like an Oktoberfest. I have also used an Oatmeal stout, delicious

Put 1 1/2 cups of raisins in a bowl and give them a nice drink of beer for about 45min. They will absorb the beer and become nice and plump.

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine 2 cups all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp kosher salt in a separate bowel and set aside.

Combine 1 Cup unsalted butter, at room temp and 1 cup sugar, 1 cup packed dark brown sugar or light brown if thats all ya have, 2 large eggs and 2 tsp of vanilla extract in a mixing bowel and mix on low until just mixed. Then increase speed a little to “cream” it a little. It will turn a lighter color of beige. I say this because if ya over mix it Gluten develops and makes them tough per say.

Hand Stir in the flour mixture by hand until just mixed

Drain Raisins on paper towel

Hand Stir in 3 cups of oats and 1 1/2 drained raisins (you can use instant oats but there is a slight difference).

I use a cookie scoop to make little balls and put them 2" apart.

Bake 15 min or so until edges start turning brown.

I have done side by side with and without the beer and there is a subtle difference. The stout is a little stronger flavor. Overall nice chewy cookie on the inside and crunchy on the outside.

Ever try adding spent grains into the mix especially after brewing something like an oatmeal stout ?