Off taste in some bottles

I’m not sure how describe the taste I wanna say band aids although I’ve never tasted bandaids. It’s not horrible but it’s not good and definitly different then most of the bottles in the batch. It’s happened in my last two batches vanilla porter and best bitter and it’s the same flavor. Any ideas on what the culprit is? It’s a few bottles per batch most taste great

Sounds like a few dirty bottles to me. What’s your SOP for bottle cleaning and sanitizing?

Agreed. If it’s a few bottles here n’ there, your bottle sanitation process is off. Entire batch? Something else.

I rinse all bottles after drinking then use vinator with star San before bottling. Maybe a few un rinsed got in the clean pile? I was just wondering if anyone’s ever experienced anything like this?

[quote=“beerme11”]I rinse all bottles after drinking then use vinator with star San before bottling. Maybe a few un rinsed got in the clean pile? I was just wondering if anyone’s ever experienced anything like this?[/quote]Oh yea … I’ve experienced it. One time it just happened to be a competition. I got a 27 for a stellar RIS which that particular bottle was tainted. In my experience, rinsing is not good enough. You have to go the extra step and use B-Brite or PBW and hot water for sparking clean.