Odd Beers

the post about Pepper Beer got me thinking.
or perhaps I just think too much

but I have to ask the question
whats the oddest or most unique beer you have made and/or tried?

for me, maybe a little boring, but Samuel Adams at one time made a Triple Bock, came in 8 oz bottles and that was all you needed. cant find it anymore

pretty open to interpretation I know, but curious to see whats out there in the great big world 8)
:cheers:

I brewed a “pumpkin ale” but instead of pumpkin I used baked sweet potatoes.

sweet potato beer.
I like it
in theory anyway

I want to do a horseradish beer…I have more horseradish then I will ever use from my garden this year, but not sure where to add it…boil, secondary, primary, bottle :shock:
:cheers:

I made a chipotle blonde that would burn your lips off.

Chanterelle wee heavy

spruce tip ale

lemongrass and pepper ale

[quote=“Ekffazr”]sweet potato beer.
I like it
in theory anyway

I want to do a horseradish beer…I have more horseradish then I will ever use from my garden this year, but not sure where to add it…boil, secondary, primary, bottle :shock:
:cheers: [/quote]

I bet there are a lot of brewers out there who can tell you where to stick your horseradish. :roll:

‘Mikkeller Mexas ranger’ might be the most unusual beer that i’ve had. easily the most unusual that i actually enjoyed drinking. I usually don’t like unusual beers

chili beer, brewed with spices, almond milk, cocoa, chili, black beans and avocado leaves.

Style: Chili Beer
6.6% ABV

Spiced Pumpkin Ale, Christmas Ale with Vanilla & Cinnamon, Summer Ale with lemon zest and grains of paradise, lemon wheat with lemon zest. Nothing too exciting. I once knew a local brewer who made an ale with Atomic Fireballs. I can’t remember if he threw them in the boil, dissolved them in boiling water and added them to secondary or what but you could taste them in the beer. I also knew a guy who “primed” with Jolly Rancher watermelon candy. Instead of using priming sugar, he tried to determine how much sugar was in the candy, added it to boiling water, cooled and added that to the bottling bucket. Weird, wild stuff.

I just kicked a keg of honey basil ale. It’s brewed like a pale ale but using basil instead of the aroma hops. It’s a little bit of a novelty but still a good beer.

Sounds nice. I once had some really good kettle potato chips that were lemon-rosemary. I thought that a blonde/golden ale with some lemon zest and basil infused with a bit of vodka (to sanitize) and thrown into the secondary would be nice. But… I never tried it. :cry:

Dandelion Bitter.

Basil pale ale, not bad

pale ale aged on cedar, not good.

I made an light lager one time and spiked the bottles with a combo of coriander seed and whole black pepper. By itself it was not good. But with some grilled chicken or a steak, it was quite unique. I’ll never do it again. But it was interesting.

Greens or flowers?

Greens or flowers?[/quote]
Greens.

I guess I can also add a Sweet Woodruff Stout to the list and will soon be adding a Stein beer as well.

I havent done it yeat but I want to build a recipe that utilizes a bit of wormwood. Kinda like a an absinthe/beer hybrid. Need to make it green just for the fun of it so that means likely a very light wheat beer.

Could be a very neat brew.

Barry