Nutritional Yeast - So Good

Lately Grandma has been sending us big bags of Noochy Licious nutritional yeast made out of Cedar Rapids Iowa. It’s very good and the big bag makes it seem less precious. Our household brand until now was Bob’s Redmill which is a little cheesier. We also use Red Star nutritional yeast and I know y’all know Red Star because they make some very popular brewing yeast as well.

I have to say I really do like yeast as a cheese alternative. I’m still eating a lot of cheese but yeast on popcorn + olive oil + a little salt is amazing and possibly healthy (at least compared to what I would be eating otherwise).

Anyone a fan of nutritional yeast around here? Got some good recipes?

2 Likes

Thats very interesting… I’ve heard that our brews with the yeast in them are healthy… The buzz is the not so good side effect… Unless you need to let yer brain take a small vacation… :sunglasses:
Sneezles61

That first link tries a bit too hard, while it all may be true, that’s a bit too much info for one web page.

I mainly use it as a Parmesan cheese alternative but I’m going to have to try some recipes out that are a bit more involved and get back to you.

1 Like

I like Mac & Cheese idea… I’ve got the wife looking now…
Sneezles61