Northern Brewing for yeast

Who is the quickest for buying yeast going to stock up

Wet yeast, who are you closest too? It’s still cool in Mn so I wouldn’t worry about yeast getting cooked before you get to use it… Up here anyways.
Sneezles61

Haven’t looked who’s closest. I can buy locally but the selection is hit or miss and I’m hoping to get the freshest available since I won’t be using it right away. I’ll get a couple sacks locally.

My yeast supplies are healthy
I have unopened packs of
Dry American West Coast Ale
Dry American East Coast Ale
Dry EC-1118 Prise de Mousse Wine Yeast
Liquid Torulaspora delbrueckii
Liquid Maranon Canyon Wild Cacao Yeast

Harvested:
Wyeast 1028 London Ale
Wyeast 1318 London Ale III
Voss Kveik
Oslo Kveik
Saisonstein’s Monster
TYB261 BRETTANOMYCES BRUXELLENSIS

I’ve been going local for most yeasts and I’m on the mailing list for Bootleg Biology and The Yeast Bay.
The White Lab Vault and Dry East and West came in good fashion for our host.

1 Like

Price comparable?

I get most of mine at my LHBS because I haven’t been happy with dates of production on yeast I’ve ordered online.

All of the yeasts I have received from NB have a best used date that is acceptable. The liquid yeasts definitely have a shorter expectancy. My LHBS does a brisk business so their yeast are typically a month or less from the lab. A few miles from me on Long Island and I hear the yeast supplies are gone.

1 Like

Yea I should be more specific. I haven’t ordered yeast from NB for a while and I was always happy with yeast I got from them. Some of the cheaper online options for Wyeast not so much. Like @squeegeethree my LHBS moves a lot of product so their yeast is always really fresh. They’re just 15 mins away. I send an email with my order, they call me for cc payment with curbside pickup. They’re ordering less Wyeast all the time and I’m getting used to White Labs. They also carry omega and a couple of yeasts offered by local brewing companies that I haven’t tried yet, as well as all kinds of dried yeast. Pretty lucky to have them so close by.

1 Like

I usually get my yeast local as I need it and pick through the back to get the freshest. They are doing curbside as well. But don’t trust them to give me the freshest.

1 Like

Another aspect we are held hostage with… Ggggrrrr… :mask:
Sneezles61