Northern Brewer Brick and Mortar stores close....their automated recording still gives store hours

Northern brewer closed their brick and mortar stores the end of August. Their automated voice mail still gives the store location and hours of operation :frowning:

1 Like

Did I read that this was happening? Seems like I did but Iā€™m not sure :joy:

Also, seeing some of the specials Morebeer has I think homebrewing shops are S.T.R.U.G.G.L.I.N.G. Homebrewing has been on the decline, along with craft beer, in general.

1 Like

Not my fault!:joy: iā€™ve brewed like crazy this year, that was my New Yearā€™s resolution, and for once I hit the mark.

1 Like

Iā€™m responsibleā€¦ I didnā€™t brew much at allā€¦ :roll_eyes:
Iā€™d think everyone went back to work, so no one has time to brewā€¦ but then, no one wants to workā€¦ labor shortage? Either way, thatā€™s sad newsā€¦
Or local brewery always seems very busy up here. Being right at the edge of the forests, trails and blacktop, and of course fishing and huntingā€¦
Sneezles61

Iā€™m imagining the economy and inflation has something to do with it, less spare cash around to brew with. Iā€™m still brewing, but I only order ingredients when there are sales on. Iā€™ve done 12 batches so far this year with 3 more planned, so Iā€™m a bit down from a ā€œnormalā€ year of brewing.

:beers:
Rad

Sorry to hear that but I am not surprised. Malls that were the place to go for shopping are closing. People order everything online. Some of this I believe came about after the pandemic when no one wanted to be out in a crowd.

Where we are now the closest Walmart is about 85 miles away and the local Kmart is long gone so Amazon is about it for many things.

NB will still be my go to for homebrew supplies here and itā€™s about time I order up a holiday beer kit.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been ordering online since I started in fact my NB starter kit was online. We have a few homebrew stores close (in a brewery, a meadery, and an upscale party store)by but brew supplies are their sideline and not their main income stream.

1 Like