Next beer

Here’s this year’s schedule so far. Should I go with the IIPA or according to the beers do you see a direction I should take? or that YOU would take?

Beer Schedule:

Palalia IPA—Gone
Cherry Stout—Drinkable
Lemon-Ginger Heff—Gone
Odell IPA clone—Drinkable
MLAPA—Drinkable
90 Shilling—Bottle conditioning
Oaked Bourbon Stout—Fermenting
Rachel’s Honey Badger Cream Ale–Fermenting, monitor gravity, should be ready for bottling
Firestone Walker Double IPA clone?

I think you should make a beer you want to drink. As you came up with the IIPA idea, you should go for it.

My advice would be to not attempt to clone another beer. Sure, look at clone recipes for inspiration. But I’ve found that my attempts at clone beers, no matter how good they are, feel disappointing if they don’t hit the nail on the head. For the most part, I’ve quit trying to clone beers so that I can just focus on making good beer.

+1 on this…I’ve tried 2 clone recipes…and didn’t enjoy either…but I’ve enjoyed most everything else I’ve brewed!

[quote=“KISS Brew”]I think you should make a beer you want to drink. As you came up with the IIPA idea, you should go for it.

My advice would be to not attempt to clone another beer. Sure, look at clone recipes for inspiration. But I’ve found that my attempts at clone beers, no matter how good they are, feel disappointing if they don’t hit the nail on the head. For the most part, I’ve quit trying to clone beers so that I can just focus on making good beer.[/quote]

I don’t know bith if my clones so far have turned out better than the beers I was trying to replicate. Then again I haven’t not tweaked a recipe. It’s really hard not to