New Old Brewhouse/Garage

Voodoo, you certainly have refrigeration potential… Need more kegs? :sunglasses:
Sure looks like a fun brew brew area Mr. Noob… Exhaust hood?
I think " domestic peace" keeps the projects going smoothly… I’m getting close on the mess in the backyard… Wife wants new deck boards directly after…
“Yes Dear”…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Exhaust hood, LED lighting, new fridge, furniture… and so it goes. :crazy_face: LOL

Update- power is in, overhead lights in the garage part, ceiling in the brewhouse. Going to trim out the ceiling and paint it black I think. Garage doors tomorrow!

5 Likes

“I see a red door and I want it painted black,”

I went with wafer can LEDs as I think you did also?

4 Likes

I used those LEDs in our condo and they worked great. We replaced the crappy suspended ceiling with a new one and the hall can lights were not centered due to an electrical conduit above. The thin LEDs fit under it.

2 Likes

It’s amazing how lighting has changed… Those LED just sipping electricity…
Sneezles61

:sunglasses:Yes - I have eight of them in the ceiling so I should be good. The outlet hanging from the ceiling is for some Edison or Christmas lights. We’re planning on making this a bit of a party place. :beers:

1 Like

I have eight of those “fluorescent” LEDs in the garage space - equivalent 320 W of lighting for about an amp.

3 Likes

I also replaced the fluorescent lights with old fashion ballasts and starters in both baths and the pantry. There are kits with two LED strips that have magnets so you just remove the old junk and stick the strips to the metal in the troffer.

It’s worth getting dimmable LEDs just in case even if you aren’t installing dimmers yet.

3 Likes

The brewhouse LEDs are on a dimmer. It works great with one and hopefully great with all 8.

Been on a project when they first came… The peeps needed sunglasses… It wasn’t long after the outboard transformers to adjust power… Really seems they are almost totally dimmable (had a few pints)…
They are a great improvement…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Ceiling is done with all the lights installed. Plenty of light and it’s not harsh.

2 Likes

Outside done and overheads installed.

3 Likes

Looks done, Time to brew!

2 Likes

First… Let’s have a rec. fire with all that left over wood scraps…
Sneezles61

We’ve had several “campfires”. :wink: Brewed in there once and planning on it Wednesday. Have a friend in town that’s interested in learning how to brew.

2 Likes

This looks nice. Congrats

Thanks man! Still have a long way to go but it’s getting there. :sunglasses:

It’s like a work in progress… A little tweak here and there to suit the application… Best post some brewing pictures in the “Noob brewery”!!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Brewed the DIPA in the new brewhouse today. Sitting here strategizing next construction moves tonight. Can’t wait til this baby is finished. Seger on Pandora.

2 Likes