** New Brewing Beer Help! (Calculating Corn Sugar For Bottling )

I’m getting close to bottling my first beer, I’ll be using Corn Sugar for priming my 1 gallon batch of Bavarian Hefeweizen (sp). My question is: how do I figure out how much sugar & water do i mix together to put in prior to bottling? :scream:

I use this calculator.

The temperature to enter is the temperature the beer rested at after active fermentation ended. I bring the water to a boil and hold a low boil for a few minutes to sanitize the kettle. I add the sugar immediately after removing the kettle from the heat. Stir the sugar until it is dissolved then replace the lid until you are ready to begin siphoning to your bottling bucket.

edit: A one gallon batch of beer may only need about 4 ounces of water to dissolve the sugar into.

1 Like

When I just typed in my info into the calculator it came up with a calculation of: .21 cups. But I didn’t see anything about a conversion into TBSP Tsp or fractional measurements instead of decimal measurements.

I guess you need to do some math. To me .21 looks alot like .25 ori just under a quarter cup. Or 48 teaspoons in a cup( I just looked that up) so 1/4 would be 12 so a little less would be 10. For a gallon batch I would just use @flars method of 1 domino dot per bottle.

2 Likes

A Domino Dot is approximately 2.29 grams. This is equal to 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. One gallon of beer at 2.6 volumes of CO2 would require 2.28 grams of table sugar per bottle at 68°F.

You can also use the calculator per bottle. 12 ounces of beer would be 0.094 gallons.

1 Like