NEIPA hop addition

super fluffy and fruity, exactly what I was going for. Thanks for the input all

6 Likes

Nice. The recipe posted above? Is there any yeast flavor to it? 1318 always seemed like it too forever to flocc for me.

This is the recipe I posted earlier. It has an extreme orange/passion fruit flavor. Very fitting for the last few weeks of summer.

1 Like

Looks like it turned out well @Angrybear. I’ve never used the flaked barley, otherwise your grain bill looks similar to what I use in my NEIPA’s. I like the recipe posted by @WMNoob as I was thinking of putting Simcoe in my latest hop combo. I also usually split my base grain 50/50 MO and 2row.

When you guys say dry hop for 7 days, do you do that 7 days prior to bottling/kegging or just leave them in for 7 days in a sack after fermentation and then pull them out?

My interpretation is 7 days prior to bottling/kegging.

This

Sweet, do you put them in bags?

I bag or use a stainless mesh cylinder and put them in my kegs for 5-7 days at room temperature. Then the keg goes in the keezer. The hops stay in until the keg kicks.

1 Like

I plan on playing around with this recipe. After drinking for a while, I really think this one could use some maris otter and possibly some citrus on the hop side of things.