Neglected kegerator

I haven’t had a keg in my kegerator for 8 months. I cleaned the lines with line cleaner after my last tapped keg and have kept the line charged with c02. I just recently rinsed and re sanitized the lines a couple months ago and then again left them charged. I am planning on hooking up a keg next week. I will be re sanitizing and flushing the lines before connecting. Is there anything else I should do before hooking up the new keg. Should I have any concerns about line cleanliness? The fridge has been on and the line is about 5 feet in length. Thanks!

Well my advice is to brew more beer it’s just not recommended to have an empty kegerator. You need to flush the lines with beer daily.

I agree with Brew Cat.

I don’t see any problem, just would advise cleaning and sanitizing your gas line and disconnect also.

I have spent the last 8 months remodeling my kitchen so beer brewing was not a high priority. Do I need to replace my lines or will a rinse and cleanse suffice?

A rinse and cleanse should do the trick.

Thanks for the info! I’ll be sure to keep it stocked from now on :wink:

Eight months to remodel a kitchen ? I can see that if you were drinking a lot of beer but you said your kegerator was empty. Something doesn’t add up.

Eight months to remodel a kitchen ? I can see that if you were drinking a lot of beer but you said your kegerator was empty. Something doesn’t add up.[/quote]Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I gutted mine and completely replaced everything and was only without a sink for one night. The whole job took me 7-10 days of evenings and a weekend.

Remodeling my kitchen included a complete gut, moving a bathroom, removal of three walls, moving entry door, rewiring for recessed lighting and outlets, tile, Sheetrock, cabinets, and the removal of an adjacent 4 seasons porch. All while working, would you like to see before and after pictures?

not a trained carpenter and this was my first major project so maybe I was a little slower than most

I’m sure it came out nice, I hope I didn’t offend you. It was not my intent. :cheers:

No offense taken. It was a LONG ordeal. And it’s been a long time without beer

You bet. I spent 3 months on a bathroom remodel that started with a simple tub surround replacement.

Dry rot, new plumbing, resurfacing the tub, tile, toilet, sink, out of town 6 days a week. :roll:

My brother in law even finished the tile for me while visiting at Christmas.

Wouldn’t you know, ripped out the toilet, and had to poop. :oops:

[quote=“Robbyg74”]No offense taken. It was a LONG ordeal. And it’s been a long time without beer[/quote]Glad to see you have a keg ready to tap. Look at your lines and make sure you don’t see anything like moss or algae in them when full of liquid.

Wouldn’t you know, ripped out the toilet, and had to poop. :oops: [/quote]
Ain’t that the sh*ts… :lol:

Also, make sure you clean the taps. If you haven’t, the clean lines won’t make a lot of difference.