Need help to build the chiller for kegs in patio mobile cooler

Ha ya it was a little challenge but it was fun. Their jaws hit the floor. When I put the oil on the top. I had fun with this one. I will try and get more pics when I bring it back for the modifications.

When this is all done there will be 2 tubes of PL Premium in it. I used over 400 1 1/4" deck screws and 50 or more 2 1/2" deck screws. All told it has cost me about $150 in adhesives screws and the hinges. It wasn’t cheap to build.

You should make one using the Yakisugi / Shou sugi ban technique. That would be wicked

I knew an old guy (long since past now) that set telephone poles in Europe during WWII. The butt (base of the poles) was usually coated with kreosote to prevent rotting. He said if they didn’t have any they charred the pole instead. He shared that story with me because I worked for the phone company.

He was originally from Latvia and boy did he love his beer.

I was thinking about a shou sugi ban one. My uncle used his camper trailer last winter for a volunteer project so I lent him both my 100 pound propane tanks. I want to get one of them back he can keep the other one. I have some wood I want to do that with too put on a storage rack for my wood working lumber. Don’t want it getting rained on or piled on with snow.

I definitely want to try it.

The is an urban garden designer next to my shop who does a lot of shou sugi ban. They do it with a roofers torch I believe. The kind that is lower flame but broader for dealing with tar however the article link says you want intense fast heat like an ice melting torch. The industrial method is to run the wood through a gas oven on a conveyor belt with the jets of the oven hitting the wood.

Ya I only have a torch you use to burn weeds with. It will be slow but it should work well enough with some patience. I want to build my patio cooler in that style. I will post some pics of it for you guys. Will see about doing it next week.

1 Like

That torch the roofers use and the one you use for burning weeds are quite the same, EXCEPT, the roofers will have a higher pressure regulator, if any at all. Mine doesn’t have a regulator on it, and it can drain a 20 lb tank quite rapidly… Give it about 1/2 hour on a brush fire and its toast… Sneezles61

LOL I have a 100 pounder so it wont be too bad

I added swivel casters with locks to the one end. Then I tried lowering the bottom shelf and I still don’t have enough room. I am going to have to redo the bottom of the legs and add some material to the legs so I can lower the shelf 2 more inches. A lot more work than I thought it would be. I will have to charge as much for this one as my regular cooler stands. I will have to put the rest of the work on the back burner for a little while. I have other things that area going to have to get done before I can get back onto this project.