Need a bittering hop substitution for DIPA

I plan to make a DIPA; Gordon Strong recipe, typical west coast type. The recipe calls for bittering with 2 oz Warrior. The local homebrew shop surprisingly doesn’t carry this one. The 15 min flavor and FO hops are a blend of cascade and centennial. The dry hop is a boatload blend of simcoe, centennial, amarillo, and cascade in equal parts.

I am leaning towards Nuggett, Simcoe, Columbus in that order. High alpha hops also available that might blend well are Citra, Millenium, German Magnum, and Galaxy.

Input appreciated. Thanks gang.

Since you don’t expect to get any flavor/aroma from a bittering charge, the easy answer is you can use any equivalent hop.
What’s an equivalent? Take the AA that you would get from 2oz. of warrior and use whatever combination of the cheapest hop you can find to get the same AA.

I can certainly adjust AA accordingly. Not to hi-jack my own post, but I don’t totally buy in to the concept that the bittering hop variety imparts no significant flavor. If I use Chinook, I’d change the character significantly.

Let’s save this discussion for another post. Thanks

I would use German magnum. If for no other reason, it’s high alpha and very clean. I’ve been using this one more and more, it’s a blank canvas for the late additions.

If you need to purchase hops Magnum or nugget. You will probably be alright with Chinook I’m that recipe if that’s all you have

Nugget is a good option.

I personally prefer Apollo for DIPAs - most bang for your buck.

I use Magnum a lot, but not for hop monsters - its awfully smooth in bittering which i like for APA, but not as much for IPA/IIPA.

[quote=“blatz”]Nugget is a good option.

I personally prefer Apollo for DIPAs - most bang for your buck.

I use Magnum a lot, but not for hop monsters - its awfully smooth in bittering which i like for APA, but not as much for IPA/IIPA.[/quote]

+1 for Apollo - I’m split between Apollo and Magnum for bittering on these types.

Going with Nugget. Apollo is and intriguing option but unfortunately not available at the local brew shop. Thanks for the input.