NB thinks I brew too much

So I have been listing the beers that I have fermenting and those that I have bottled and kegged in my signature but I keep getting an error saying that my signature is too long. So I think NB is trying to tell me that I have too much beer on hand or that I am brewing too much.

No such thing, its just the damn computers and their code.

Looking through the sig it looks like a great variety and that makes it even better!

How is the Bacon Stout? I like both of those things.

I often have to remove items from my sig so I can add the new, problem is I still have more of the old on had.

Stupid 255 character limit

The bacon stout is great. It doesn’t taste like bacon, but it does smell just like bacon. You get a nice smokey flavor from the bacon but the smell is amazing. They are a little tricky to make though.

I have done it a few times now and learned the hard way when the first batch wouldn’t carbonate. The tough part is removing the oil because it will keep your beer from carbonating properly. What I do is get slab bacon, cook it slow and low on a wire rack over a sheet tray or baking pan to collect all the grease. Then once it is pretty well done and you have cooked out most of the fat, chunck the bacon and pat it dry with paper towel until it’s completely dry. If there are any pieces that you can’t get dry, don’t use them, just eat them instead. Then I add them to the secondary and age. It’s a great beer and it always impresses.

I would love to see the recipe if you dont mind. Is it even a pain to carb in a keg? Because that is impressive, although i could see it being true.

I do love me some bacon.

Yeah I have to remove things from my signature as well to allow for listing more current brews. Make it 400 characters or something!

Use acronyms and shortened names. IPA, pomegranate is pom, etc.

I quit trying to keep up with my inventory on here, its too much work.

Drink faster so there will be less in the bottled list :smiley:

I’ll give you guys credit; at least you make your sig line short (top to bottom). Soem guys in my club include 10-15 lines of BS and to make it worse, every morning we get an email (digest) which covers each post. The long sig lines get old fast.

I put all that stuff on a chalkboard in my garage and all beers that are currently available are listed on my website What’s On Tap?
http://www.mullerbrau.com/labels.htm

If you got too much beer, send it to me. I am always happy to help out another brewer!

[quote=“tom sawyer”]Use acronyms and shortened names. IPA, pomegranate is pom, etc.

I quit trying to keep up with my inventory on here, its too much work.[/quote]
Same here.

[quote=“Beersk”][quote=“tom sawyer”]Use acronyms and shortened names. IPA, pomegranate is pom, etc.

I quit trying to keep up with my inventory on here, its too much work.[/quote]
Same here.[/quote]

Ditto

I agree as well.
With all beer, wine, cider, and mead I do it would just be another thing to try to keep up with.

Damn. Someone always beats me to that answer. :cheers:

Damn. Someone always beats me to that answer. :cheers: [/quote]

I called it first, but I’ll tell you all about how they taste :smiley:

[quote=“Baratone Brewer”]I agree as well.
With all beer, wine, cider, and mead I do it would just be another thing to try to keep up with.[/quote]
Well, besides I change my mind all the time about what I want to brew next. I usually don’t decide until the day before or the day of.