NB RyePA PM kit advice

So i’m looking to brew NB’s RyePA kit this weekend. I’m considering a few more changes.
I’m liking what i’m reading about wyeast 1272 being a bit higher in flocculation than 1056.

Would this yeast be appropriate…being that palisades are used for flavor / aroma and this yeast is supposed to be slightly fruity…would this pair well?

I’ve also considered upping the hops. The kit calls for .5 oz at 5 min and .5 oz dry hop.
Opinions on purchasing another oz to up each addition to a full ounce??

I’m intrigued by the palisade hop, and this kit looks to be a good way to get to know its flavor.

EDIT: Kit purchased with 1272 and an extra oz of palisade. Brew set for tomorrow!!
The clerk at NB actually had to piece the pm kit together. Since the introduction of the rye extract, it seems more people have gone that route lately.

[quote=“dsidab81”]So i’m looking to brew NB’s RyePA kit this weekend. I’m considering a few more changes.
I’m liking what i’m reading about wyeast 1272 being a bit higher in flocculation than 1056.

Would this yeast be appropriate…being that palisades are used for flavor / aroma and this yeast is supposed to be slightly fruity…would this pair well?

I’ve also considered upping the hops. The kit calls for .5 oz at 5 min and .5 oz dry hop.
Opinions on purchasing another oz to up each addition to a full ounce??

I’m intrigued by the palisade hop, and this kit looks to be a good way to get to know its flavor.[/quote]

1272 would be a good choice. I brewed a blonde ale with it 1/1/12 that looked crystal clear when I bottled it after three weeks.

I went with the 1272…so far a more vigorous and lengthy fermentation than us05 typically gives. I think I may stick with liquid yeast for a while. Depending on gravity this will be moved to secondary this weekend.