NB Honey Brown

Starting my 6th batch here soon, so still a newbie by all accounts.
Does anyone have any advice for brewing this extract kit? The process with each brew gets easier but I’m just hoping to learn from others that have tried this one to make it good.
Though I’ve had some small issues, every batch has been very “drinkable”. Thanks!!!

My advice at your stage is follow the directions but really spend time getting your fermentation temperatures to the range your chosen yeast likes. I wish I had done this early in the game as it is the single biggest improvement I made to my brewing practice.

5 Likes

Squeegee has the best advice right there… Swamp cooler is effective, and cost efficiency too!
I’d add to just watch how you handle your brew AFTER the fermentation is complete… Oxidation (O2) has wrecked many brews too. After 17 years of brewing, its still can be evident from time to time in my brews… If you drink your brews quite fast, you probably won’t experience the “cardboard” off flavors… Let it sit for a while… ICK! Sneezles61

1 Like

You might try the recipe using one of the other yeast options to see what the differences might be.

1 Like

I started this 5 gallon batch 3 days ago and the next morning I had fermentation. The air lock is still playing my favorite tune!! :grin: