My water profile

Hello here my water profile pH 8.30, Alkalinity 36 mg/L, Hardness 57 mg/L, Chloride 33.5mg/L, Sulfate 57.4mg/L, Magnesium 3.1 mg/L, Sodium 32.6 mg/L , potassium 3.0 mg/L. Now this is my water report from my local water company. Now I will tell you when it come to water I am A DUMB ASS so I like to keep it has simple as possible

Can they get you calcium and bicarbonate content? Seems to be missing from that profile. Also, you’ll need to know if sulfate is reported as SO4 or SO4-S. It’s not a bad water profile, though. It’s certainly something you can work with.

1 Like

No worries. lol. We were all there at some point, (and some still are) . I’m envious of your lowish sodium, mine is 3X that. Hardness might be your approximate Calcium, but confirming this as @porkchop said would be nice. Your pH is a bit high, I see a lot of lactic or phosphoric acid in your future!

Emphasis on the might - my water has a hardness of 189 ppm, but calcium is only 51 ppm…

But yeah, invest in some lactic acid!

1 Like

Right, calcium carbonate hardness is a general term that indicates the total quantity of divalent salts present and does not specifically identify which divalent salt is causing the water hardness(Ca, Mg, Fe, or some other salt) often it is Ca, but @porkchop , you must have a lot of Iron in your water?

Not really… Iron did not register in my water report, as it came in at <0.1ppm. Maybe we’re talking about two different things? Bru’n Water has total hardness as CaCO3 calculated at 189, and he has it calculated using ((Ca/20)+(Mg/12.15))*50. Calcium is 51ppm and magnesium is 15ppm.

OP, don’t let this conversation discourage you. Keeping it simple is entirely possible!

1 Like