My other hobby

[quote=“gdtechvw”][quote=“Baratone Brewer”]Here’s my final Carolina Reaper harvest from my two plants this year. Far hotter than the Ghost!
[attachment=0]IMG_20141019_162014_271.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

That’s a ton of peppers! What do with all of them? Bet they make a killer hot sauce.[/quote]
Hot sauce and mead. I also grow the worlds second hottest. The Trinidad Moruga Scorpian. Together they make my hot sauce and a mead called Dos Diablos.
And to the above posts…yes far hotter than the ghost. The ghost pepper is childsplay compared to the Reaper.

Holy Nation!!! What in all hellz are you going to do with thosd!?! I have only heard of the Reapers. I had a Maruga Scorpion before, and until then I had never hit my pepper threshold. A guy here at work stuffed some and wrapped in bacon and a couple hours after eating it(That was a feat in itself) I thought I was having some kind of bowel obstruction or something, it felt like I was getting knifed in the gut…LOL. I’ve learned my lesson well.

Here’s to hot sauce!!

You’re crazy man!!

Cheers!

[quote=“DrGonzo”]The infamous Bhut Jolokia…what a wicked thing. It does interest me that one can hang these on one fence, and keep animals out of the garden. Other than that, I don’t know if I’d have any use for something that hot. A good ol’ habanero will do.

Anyone ever use it to make an ale? Maybe sub it in the Smoke Bomb kit? That could be interesting. I’ve noticed the spicey kick fades over time with conditioning.

Prost!!! :blah: [/quote]
The local brewpub steeped a ghost pepper in a Corney keg of stout (not sure how long). All you could taste was the pepper.

Hmmm, while I enjoy peppers, I also enjoy being able to taste whatever else is being eaten (or drunk) with them. I do NOT enjoy the feeling that my taste buds and stomach lining somehow wound up in the lake of fire. Maybe it’s just me, but masochism is not my gig…

To each their own, though… :cheers:

I don’t see the point of using excessive hot peppers or eating them in a way that causes pain or makes them the focus of the experience. I like that I can grow the ghost pepper and only harvest a handful of them and that gives me enough to last through the winter for seasoning the dishes that I want to have heat. I can cut a small sliver off of one ghost and that is enough to spice up a pot of soup. and the actual flavor of the pepper is fantastic as long as its not blown out by the amount of heat.

I grew some Ghost Peppers this summer as well. Never tried one, had some in a hot sauce once and only once. I learned my lesson. I usually grow them to give to other people.

Tried this stuff in SC:

http://www.ashleyfoods.com/357-Mad-Dog- ... ition.html

I thought I was going to need to go to the ER.