My Beer gets darker

Greetings;
It seems all my all grain batches seem to get darker in color and more cloudy over time in the bottle. The taste is fine but I wanted to know if this is normal. Thanks in advance

Jim

That’s definitely not normal. My first guess is oxidation. What temp are you storing at?

Hi;
At room temp… aside from the past few weeks, it’s been fairly warm, like upper 70s.

Try storing it colder one it’s carbonated. Most beers get clearer over time assuming the bottles are undisturbed so I’d also look into issues with your bottling process. Could you have a sanitation issue? This has happened with multiple batches?

I sanatize the bottles, cap and bottling bucket just prior to bottling. Perhaps I’m not getting my wort chiller clean enough. Though I do soak that in starsan just prior to use as well.

Jim

if you put your chiller in the boil last 15-20 minutes of boil, there’ll be no need to use star san on it. I’ve done this with my chillers for 12+ years with no problems. if your sanitation is sound, I would assume oxidization. if you stir your priming solution in too hard or there’s too much splashing during transfer, you could be getting a bit of O2 dissolved back in. the cloudy may be protein haze.

Could the bottles being really warm during bottling be a factor? I pull them out of the dishwasher and fill them quickly.

Could be a factor.