Moving on from a Keezer

So I have a 5 keg Keezer, keep my CO2 outside the unit. In early planning stages for an outdoor kitchen and thinking of converting a portion of the pool room to a keg house. Probably 240 cubic feet. (8’x8’x3’ deep). Any ideas on a cooling unit? The room will be fully insulated and lined. Concrete slab is about 12" deep. Plan to have 10 or 12 taps through the side of the building in a stainless steel narrow depth cabinet. Live in inland Southern California, so daytime temp in summer up to 110 F, winter freezes on occasion.

you may want to check on homebrewtalk.com and the AHA forum. People have some pretty crazy taproom/keg room/personal brewpub builds on there that likely include all components, including cooling units. Also Probrewer.com has a lot of people trolling/posting who run brewpubs and need to cool spaces like you are talking about (in temps you are talking about!).

So when can I come over?

No suggestion, but that sounds awesome!!!

Insulate the walls with as much pink/blue foam board as you can. R-5 value per inch. Lay hog/dairy (shower) panels over that so you can hose the room out for cleaning. Fiberglass has a R value of 2.9 - 3.9 per inch.

Use a window air conditioner for the cooling unit. Find the thermometer. Relocate it to register the temp of a night light. Then plug the unit into a temp controller. That way the OEM thermostat is always on. And the unit will cool below factory settings.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]Insulate the walls with as much pink/blue foam board as you can. R-5 value per inch. Lay hog/dairy (shower) panels over that so you can hose the room out for cleaning. Fiberglass has a R value of 2.9 - 3.9 per inch.

Use a window air conditioner for the cooling unit. Find the thermometer. Relocate it to register the temp of a night light. Then plug the unit into a temp controller. That way the OEM thermostat is always on. And the unit will cool below factory settings.[/quote]

Thinking i’ll line with sheet aluminum. Exterior will be artificial stone over cement board. Probably a radiant sheet between the wall studs. Then lots of foam board. Wondered about a unit like used for wine cellars, but was unsure if it would cool to the required temp (35F). A wall AC unit may be lower cost.

I have heard good things about coolbot.

www.storeitcold.com

I would also think about how to control humidity and condensation.

[quote=“roffenburger”]I have heard good things about coolbot.

http://www.storeitcold.com[/quote]

Looks interesting!

So, where do you live, and when does the homebrew start flowing?