Modify instructions for kegging?

I’m getting ready to make an extract batch. Do I need to modify the instructions in any way if I’m going to keg rather than bottle? Do I still use the priming solution?

Thanks

You CAN add priming solution to carbonate the whole keg. But force carbonationg with co2 is much easier and more practicle. Transfer into a co2 cleared keg, then leave it under pressure at 12-20 psi until you’re happy with the carbonation level, then release a little pressure and turn the pressure down to 5psi and enjoy.

Other than that there’s nothing to change

You can search google for “force carbonate beer in corney keg” and find lots of good ‘how too’s’

Yeah, take that priming sugar and add it to the boil. It will add no flavor whatsoever but will up your alcohol apv some. No sense in wasting. Leave it on the yeast for 3 weeks. Cold crash in SECONDARY for a couple of days then add gelitin or another clarifier, for the rest of the fourth week. Transfer to CO2 conditoned cold keg, carbonate, set for a week at carbonating pressure. Set to serving pressure. Pull a pint. Toss it. Pour another. Taste it, and check it for solids. Its ready. If its still “green” leave it alone for another week and pull and taste again until it is ready.

You can cold crash in the primary too. Secondary is an option, but not necessary. It’s up too you. Sugar will result in a lower final gravity, but the small amount used to prime probably won’t be noticeable, that’s also up too you.

Good luck :cheers:

[quote=“S.Scoggin”]You can cold crash in the primary too. Secondary is an option, but not necessary. It’s up too you. Sugar will result in a lower final gravity, but the small amount used to prime probably won’t be noticeable, that’s also up too you.

Good luck :cheers: [/quote]

Correct. I just like to get my beer off the yeast to cold crash and condition. I just dont like conditioning straight from primary in the keg is all. Its a phobia of mine. Correct on the sugar too. But why waste? If his kit comes with it, might as well use it, get the little extra apv, and drink it instead of throwing it away or saving it for a day that may not come? Drink it! :cheers: