Missed target OG. Wanting to adjust it

Missed my target OG by a full point yesterday. This normally wouldn’t be an enormous ordeal for me except for the fact that I’m making a clone beer for a friend. I assume there’s nothing wrong with this, but I wanted to double check: would it be bad to boil a small wort addition to raise my gravity? The beer hasn’t even been in the fermenter for 24 hours yet and I’m keeping the temperature low (58*F) until I move ahead.

By ‘a point’, did you mean for instance, you should have had 1.060 and you came up with 1.059? If so I wouldn’t mess with anything. I don’t think the best judges in the world would be able to perceive that difference.

Did you pitch yeast? I don’t think you will have any problems with your process, but I’m not sure it would have much benefit either.

By point I mean 1.040 turned out to be 1.030 :frowning:

So you missed by 10 pts.

Adding the extract will work just fine. Use minimal water and it doesn’t really need a long boil, just enough to sanitize it.

[quote=“tom sawyer”]So you missed by 10 pts.

Adding the extract will work just fine. Use minimal water and it doesn’t really need a long boil, just enough to sanitize it.[/quote]

I figured. I hadn’t read anything against it. Thanks!