MegaPot Ball Valve

The lock nut on the megapot ball valve is meant to be pretty much hand tightened? Mine will revolve about three times around the threaded nipple before coming totally stuck and unable to tighten further. I assume I shouldn’t try to torque it on. I tried a little, but there’s no way to really get a grip on the coupling side of the nipple…its round and wants to give first before the nut does. Should I return the assembly or just go to home depot and build a new one?

The threads on the nipple were somehow screwed up, so I bought a brass one from home depot, that problem is now solved. The thermometer hole is leaking, though, so I’m going to have to replace the o-ring there.

:shock: How old is that pot?

Just received. Given everything else I’ve gotten from NB has been perfect, I’ll chalk it up to random bad hardware.

NB customer service is second to none. I’d call them before spending time and money fixing new equipment.

I pinged NB and they instantly sent me a new ball valve without even asking. Pretty sweet.

:cheers: [quote=“BrandonReinhart”]I pinged NB and they instantly sent me a new ball valve without even asking. Pretty sweet.[/quote]

They’ve fixed things that were partially or even totally my fault at times. In return I use them almost exclusively unless I cannot find an item I want on their site.