Maris otter pale ale. Recipe input please

Just looking for a few opinions on my recipe. I picked up a sack of M.O., I have never used it and want to make a recipe were I can get idea of how it tastes. I brew mostly pale ales and Ipa’s(my favorite styles) but I like most styles and would brew just about anything if I though it would be good. Thanks in advance for any help. Here’s what I have so far.

11 gal into fermenters 10 into kegs.
O.G. 1.044
f.G. 1.011~
Ibu. 39
Srm. 3.8
Abv. 4.2
Mash temp 155-156 mash ph 5.3(room temp) I’ll use the pale ale profile in bru’n water.

10lbs Maris otter
8lbs 2row

3oz belma 15 min
1.5 oz citra 10min

I figure this will leave me with a balanced easy drinking pale ale. I like to pitch different yeast into each fermentor so I wwas thinking us05 in one and wlp002 in the other(help build up some yeast to make some English styles) but I also have belle saison yeast which might be weird or might turn out good and s-04(I don’t like this in hoppy beers)

I also have a ton of hops if you think I should change it up.
Cascade
Cent
Chinook
Ctz
Bravo
Magnum
Fuggle
Liberty
Belma
Citra
I have 8-16 oz of each.

I would ditch the strong tropical hops like Belma and Citra, and just go with Fuggles or Liberty. It can be difficult to taste subtle malt effects like use of Maris Otter beneath crazy hops like those. Instead, Fuggles would make for a very traditional English ale, and very tasty as well. Call it an English pale ale or English summer ale (blonde ale). The English invented the style before Americans did, so why not throw them some props!? And Liberty would be another good choice for just mild smooth spiciness, if you want a combo in there.

:cheers:

Dave said it well. Do yourself a favor and follow his advice.

[quote=“dmtaylo2”]I would ditch the strong tropical hops like Belma and Citra, and just go with Fuggles or Liberty. It can be difficult to taste subtle malt effects like use of Maris Otter beneath crazy hops like those. Instead, Fuggles would make for a very traditional English ale, and very tasty as well. Call it an English pale ale or English summer ale (blonde ale). The English invented the style before Americans did, so why not throw them some props!? And Liberty would be another good choice for just mild smooth spiciness, if you want a combo in there.

:cheers: [/quote]

+1
So many commercial brews these days blend a lot of different hop varieties in the name of ‘complexity’…occasionally it works on some level, but more often than not, it is just a big muddle.
Keeping this one simple will give you a better picture of what the Maris contributes.
Personally, I’d even increase the quantity of Maris, to as much as 100%. It makes a beautiful ale on it’s own.

Thanks guys, when i bought the sack i was thinking of making some esb’s but for some reason switch to apa ( i read some ipa/apa recipes that were 50/50 mo and 2 row)

I think I’ll do a smash with Mo/fuggle then use s04 on one fermentor an either wlp002 or 007 on the other. Once i get an idea of how mo taste I’ll use it in an apa that i have brewed before to see how i like it in america styles.