March Pump

I have a few questions regarding March pumps. First, if I purchased a pump with the cheaper plastic head, could I upgrade to metal later? Outside of the sanitary issues with brass, are there other reasons not to use a brass head? Is it necessary to invest the extra 200% on stainless? If anyone could offer an educated opinion I would appreciate it.

You’ll be fine with the poly head. I have two that have been used for a long, long time without issues.

If you mount the pump, inlet pipe, and outlet pipe on a common structure so that its impossible to apply any bending forces to the threaded pump housing, there will be no problems with the plastic housing. I’ve had my pump for over 10 years now.

+1

I’ve used a pair of the standard poly headed models for about 7 years now in multiple configurations with no issues. No reason to spend any extra cash to solve a problem that doesn’t exist :slight_smile:

+1 I’ve used a poly head on my pump for years. As a matter of fact I used to mount it right to the kettle with a quick release. No prob.

Sanitary issues with the brass head?