Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Loral Cryo Hops

I’m going to be using Loral, the Cryo Hop version, for the first time.

It’s my first time using Loral and my first time using a cry hop. Along with other hops I was planning on .5oz at 10min, .5oz 170F steep for 20 min and 1 oz dry hop, with the Loral. This will be an out of style NEIPA as I’m working more in the session gravity range

I try to keep my NEIPA’s in the session range as well @squeegeethree. Well I should say the 6% range as opposed to the 8% that most commercial juice bombs tend to be. Curious to hear back on the Loral. I have a few ounces (not cryo) of them in inventory

1 Like

What IBU do you target with your sessions? The Loral Crypto is strong with the AA at 23.2

1 Like

Usually around 25 and no higher than 30. Instead of a 60 min addition I did an ounce of Warrior FWH and my IBU’s came out to 27.6 in yesterday’s brew. OG was 1.068 so a little heavier than a session. You may want to add a small bittering charge with something clean and save the CRYO for WP/DH

This Loral Cryo was a little weird the first week but it has conditioned into one of my recent favorites. The first week it had a soapy quality which I have never encountered. This could be attributed to yeast health but I was in temp range with new yeast and everything went so well, like clockwork, that I doubt it. Now that it has bottle conditioned a bit, the soapy mouthfeel and nose has morphed into a sharp hop bitterness that is extremely clean.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com