Looks like a snow globe

Good morning - I’m on about my 18th brew over the past year - prefer partial mash recipes. Yesterday I opened my first Surley Bitter (brewed 23 April) and, although carbonated perfectly, it is absolutely full of floaters. I checked each bottle under light and they all look like a snow-globe.

1. Is it a wasted batch?
  2. What could I have done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

You are likely seeing yeast. Sounds like a highly flocculant yeast was used.
Could be many reasons to see this in your bottles:
Short primary time didn’t allow the yeast to settle out in the fermentor.
Moving the fermentor before racking stirred up the yeast.
Racking cane was in the yeast when racking.
Aggressive pour stirred up the yeast at the bottom of the bottle.
Bottles have been agitated.

Let the bottles condition a little longer. The yeast should settle.

edit: Brewed April 23. Definitely needs more conditioning time.

Excellent - will check it again in another week. Thank you!

As stated above, they need more conditioning time. Also, when you refridgerate the beers, it will cause most of the yeast to drop to the bottom. (kinda like a cold-crash). Give it a few more weeks then chill for a few days and see if they have cleared any.

Namaste!!!

[quote=“RickS”]Good morning - I’m on about my 18th brew over the past year - prefer partial mash recipes. Yesterday I opened my first Surley Bitter (brewed 23 April) and, although carbonated perfectly, it is absolutely full of floaters. I checked each bottle under light and they all look like a snow-globe.

1. Is it a wasted batch?

Thanks in advance.

Rick[/quote]
Sounds like you have sea monkeys in your beer. A little know but common problem with that recipe. Pack up all the bottles carefully and send them to me for proper disposal.

[quote=“dannyboy58”][quote=“RickS”]Good morning - I’m on about my 18th brew over the past year - prefer partial mash recipes. Yesterday I opened my first Surley Bitter (brewed 23 April) and, although carbonated perfectly, it is absolutely full of floaters. I checked each bottle under light and they all look like a snow-globe.

1. Is it a wasted batch?

Thanks in advance.

Rick[/quote]
Sounds like you have sea monkeys in your beer. A little know but common problem with that recipe. Pack up all the bottles carefully and send them to me for proper disposal.[/quote]
Dang sea monkeys.

[quote=“JMcK”][quote=“dannyboy58”][quote=“RickS”]Good morning - I’m on about my 18th brew over the past year - prefer partial mash recipes. Yesterday I opened my first Surley Bitter (brewed 23 April) and, although carbonated perfectly, it is absolutely full of floaters. I checked each bottle under light and they all look like a snow-globe.

1. Is it a wasted batch?

Thanks in advance.

Rick[/quote]
Sounds like you have sea monkeys in your beer. A little know but common problem with that recipe. Pack up all the bottles carefully and send them to me for proper disposal.[/quote]
Dang sea monkeys.[/quote]

Look closely, they could be sea men.