Looking for a guide to kegging

I’ve had a basic kegging system going for almost a year now, but I’d like to know more about how I can configure and expand it, and things to watch out for. I’ve learned a lot from browsing these, and other, online forums and sites, but I’m looking for a consolidated place for information as to what kinds of parts there are, how they can be configured, and other in depth information. I just don’t have a good foundation on how to configure gas lines or beer lines and all the parts needed. I go to some websites for parts and I am overwhelmed with options and I don’t know what I should be looking for. Pretty much all the online info I can dig up through Google is really basic stuff that glosses over all the details. Is there a site or book that has some nicely condensed and in depth information on kegging?

I don’t think anything exists like you want. What questions do you have?

Parts: Tank, regulator, distribution block, lines, disconnects, faucets.

Configuration: what works for your set up.

It’s not so much that I have questions, but it’s that I don’t know what I don’t know. If I do have a question it’s pretty much a given that someone on the interwebs has already asked it and been answered. But I still, after almost a year of kegging, stumble across some post where someone gives a warning or advice that is essential and basic, and I wish I knew it when I started. I have been picking information up piecemeal from questions and answers, but it’s not a very efficient way to learn. I’d love a place to explain what kind of washers you need to use on certain connections, when to use Teflon tape, proper way to keep beer from flowing into your regulator, etc. I don’t like discovering things after I have made a mistake.

I can’t vouch for this, because I’ve never read it personally, but maybe this is worth looking into if you want something in print: http://byo.com/store/byo-special-issues … to-kegging

Looks promising, thanks.