Looking for a Downtown Brown extract clone

Brewing a batch for my friend who is gluten intolerant and planning on using the White Labs Clarity Ferm for the first time. She requested a Downtown Brown clone since it’s the beer she misses most. (Side note: doesn’t have ciliacs and it’s not just in her head).

I’ve found a few clones by searching google but haven’t found any reviews on them beyond “pretty good…pretty close…etc”. So I’m hoping that the NB crowd could help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!!!

I have used the Clarity Ferm several times. My wife is intolerant ( non celiac ). Found information that lends toward wheat having 7 to 9 times the gluten protein than barley. As long as I stay with grain bills with no wheat, she can drink it with no reactions (very mild reaction with a wheat beer). Reports out there that Omission & Estrella Damm Daura ( probably others) use this enzyme technology.

Sounds pretty consistent with what I’ve read and heard from other Brewers. Honestly I’m not overly concerned because if she can’t drink it, I know I will. It’ll be nice if she can, but since the cost to find out is so low it’s not an issue for me to give it a try. Just hoping someone can point me to a good Downtown Brown recipe…or something similar!!!

Thanks for the help!!! Cheers!!!