Long storage in keg

I have half a keg of imperial stout that is from a few weeks before Christmas. I want to save the rest till next Christmas and try it then. It was tasty but I think it could be much better with some ageing. My question is; is it fine to leave it sitting on the yeast at the bottom of the keg? I figured it would because some bottle conditioned beers age for a long time. Just figured I would ask. Its currently in my keezer and has always been in the very cold section of my basement all winter. Would it be bad to take it out of the keezer and just let it sit in the cold part of my basement? It doesn’t get above 65 all summer. I started thinking about this because I want to do a old stock ale soon and wasn’t sure if I should crash the keg then jump to another keg before allowing it to age.

You could jumper it to a new keg. That way there will be little to no yeast to worry about when you move the keg.

I see no problems if you leave it on the yeast instead.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]You could jumper it to a new keg. That way there will be little to no yeast to worry about when you move the keg.

I see no problems if you leave it on the yeast instead.[/quote]
+1

I agree with the others that it should be fine. Of course that assumes you don’t mind tying up the keg until you are ready to drink the beer. If it was me I would bottle it with O2 barrier caps and get the keg back in circulation.

I have been thinking about bottling it up also. I have a decent amount of kegs but I am looking to brew more so bottles might be my only option in a week or so.

I’m with Duxx on this one. Bottles are more flexible storage space-wise.