London Ale III repitch

Anyone repitch this yeast? What are the results?

I repitch it. Works fine for a few generations. I think it’s better to harvest off of the starter if you can.

To be honest I’ve NEVER been impressed with this yeast. It always produces a diacetyl bomb for me! Even with correct yeast count AND bumping temps for. D-rest.

Really. That’s interesting. You sure it’s the III and not the I II or IV. :relaxed: I’ve never been as enamored with III as my brewing friends are. I’m using Sundew now as its replacement.

1 Like

Good deal. To me many there’s many other strains out there.

I did a series of New England styles and felt the first one came out better than the next couple. I don’t have any scheduled just building some recipes for the future.

Landon Ale III does morph. Harvesting off of the starter reduces the stress it goes through and it appears to maintain it’s character longer. It is a great yeast for NEIPA and I think it’s because of the residual sweetness it leaves behind along with it’s tropical fermentation notes.
This article mentions how you are not alone noticing bottom cropping leading to reduced character.

See now i didn’t top crop just used the slurry. Im a pretty lazy brewer. I hardly ever make a starter i usually either buy 2 packets or make a 1 gallon small beer. Im thinking the 2 packets is the way to go (or a starter) after reading that article.