Level up?

So I’ve done a bunch of extracts up til last night. Did an all grain batch last night. Now tonight a hybrid Speckled Heifer from NB. Feeling pretty good about the process and techniques. Nailed all the temps and volumes on the AG calcs and the OG on the SH tonight was one point off. Pretty excited that the brew routine is coming together but also not fooling myself that I’ve got it all figured out.

2 Likes

Great to hear. AG is not hard just a few more steps and a little more equipment but alot of fun.

Definitely big fun factor on the AG. :sunglasses: I think I’m all setup to make 10 gallon batches if I want. The whole mash tun thing was huge,-yellow? Orange? Blue? Red? I ended up with white, hopefully it’ll work. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s great… All Grain is a fun way to level up. I also hadn’t paid attention to how expensive kits are getting until recently. A lot to be said for a sack of 2 row, and a few ounces of specialty malts once in a while. I’m a big fan of the “within half a gallon and five gravity points is good enough” philosophy, which is a good attitude to have with all grain. Sounds like you did a lot of research and setup of your system ahead of time and nailed it.

1 Like

Wait a minute, “white”? Isn’t that a yeti? I heard one guy buy one for $500.00, and claimed it kept his beer cold for almost a week!! Geez thats alot of cash… especially to keep beer cold that long. Mine wouldn’t have lasted that long. Sneezles61

1 Like

Welcome to th AG club, lol. I leveled up to AG awhile back and really enjoy it. Still need a little more equipment, but it works for now. I went up to double batches outdoors when I made the jump. When my first brew day took about 5 hours including clean-up, I knew I wasn’t going back, lol

No Yeti, Coleman! I’ve been in search of Yeti however have not found a track.

1 Like

You may need to call them in, in the winter with some tree whacken’! :scream: Sneezles61

2 Likes

The yeti is a great cooler. My daughter and her husband run weeklong raft trips out west and exclusively use yetis. Kind of over kill for a mash tun but I would love to get one for my camp

^^^^^ Beer camp or deer camp :blush: Sneezles61

With white you have to adjust your crush tighter for the poor efficiency.
Yellow Drops the pH. Orange raises the pH. Blue requires a higher water:grist ratio. Red requires a lower grist ratio.

2 Likes