Let's see you brewing work bench

Let’s see some pictures of your brewing work bench area. I made mine from a simple family handyman design and modified some measurements to work better for me. I have a 4 ft shop light and I’m going to add some white peg board on the back to hang some of my equipment. It’s a little messy right now. I have a Coffer Porter fermenting in the plastic bucket wrapped in a blanket.

I wish I had a workbench. I have a small table in the basement where i store all my brewing equipment. Bottling is done on my chest freezer (fermentation chamber) and i fill bottles on the floor. I need a bigger house!

[quote=“MullerBrau”]

[/quote]

That’s really cool that you used the space below the stairs! Everything fits perfectly. Very nice and temp controlled I see.

Mullerbrau for the win! Greg doesn’t screw around. Makes us all look like amateurs!

My winter/spring project is cleaning out the storage space in my basement and turning it into a proper brew cave, as well as converting the adjacent room my middle son used for an office into a tap room now that he’s moved to his own place.

I have big plans. Hopefully I can execute…

Very nice setup blatz!

I just added some peg board and messed around with hanging some stuff.

Mike one thing you’ll want to remember is to make sure all your stuff is dry before hanging it flat like that. If not it will invite mold.

For sure I try to let my stuff dry upstairs before bringing it downstairs. Good thinking.

Really, ya think so? I never considered it, but I guess I wouldn’t think mold would grow on them…

Really, ya think so? I never considered it, but I guess I wouldn’t think mold would grow on them…[/quote]
If they are cleaned well, there is nothing for mold to grow on. That said, I don’t like leaving things where water collects either.

Not on… in…
Where the water collects.

[quote=“mhall2013”]Let’s see some pictures of your brewing work bench area. I made mine from a simple family handyman design and modified some measurements to work better for me. I have a 4 ft shop light and I’m going to add some white peg board on the back to hang some of my equipment. It’s a little messy right now. I have a Coffer Porter fermenting in the plastic bucket wrapped in a blanket.

[/quote]

Nice bench. Your design or did you get a plan somewhere?

Here is the link for the design. I did change some of the measurements to fit my needs. Example I lowered the bottom shelf so I could place taller items on it. I think the original design said to use 1 gallon paint cans to space the shelf off the ground. It cost me more to build since I used quality studs and nice sanded plywood. You could knock off a bunch of money buying cheaper lumber.

Also made that small bench on the left with similar framing. I use it when racking to raise a bucket or carboy to make sure gravity helps me out.

http://s794.photobucket.com/user/dennyconn/media/brewspace2-1.jpg.html

Denny, I half expected to see some drained MullerBrau bottles on your shelf. At least the Denny’s Old Stoner.

Oh, they’re there! On. shelf just out of the pic to the left.