Leak in the connection between the CO2 tank and regulator

When I put the new keg in the kegerator this week, I noticed I had lost all the pressure in the CO2 tank. It was fine before the keg kicked. Anyway, after getting the CO2 filled, I noticed a huge leak where the CO2 tank couples with the regulator. There’s a rubber ring on the regulator side. Nothing of that sort on the tank.

I was looking for a replacement piece on the site (hopefully not needing to replace the entire regulator) but I didn’t see any appropriate pieces in the site’s store (or on other sites). I also saw in another thread people talking about using washers between the CO2 & the regulator? I’ve never used these. It’s possible that I had one that fell out, but I don’t think I’ve ever used them.

Any ideas?

I bet you’ll just need to replace that o ring. You don’t need the washer if you have that permanent o ring seal. Also, there should be an hex key in the center of the tank seal where the o ring is. Make sure its tight.

Okay, I see what you’re saying about the hex key inside the o-ring. Everything seems okay there. One thing I noticed while poking around parts lists is I saw this:

My CO2 tank doesn’t have this seal. I don’t recall if it used to have it or not. I’m wondering if that might be the issue. Otherwise I assume it’d just be the O-Ring.

If you don’t have that screw in seal, you’ll need to get the disposable plastic washers for in between the co2 tank and the regulator. Pay attention to orientation of the washer as I think they need to face a certain direction.

If I understand right, you have the screw in part, but the seal is missing? If this is the case, you can remove the screw in part and use the plastic washer if you can’t find an o ring.