Layered fermenting?

I started this IPA today.
After adding the yeast starter I put it on the closet to ferment. I know it’s too soon to see activity, but I took this picture of the Carboy because I’ve never seen this happen.
Have any of you seen your beer do this before/during fermentation?

I’m not worried, unless you say I should be, but wanted to share.
Can’t wait to try this … in 2 months!

Looks like cold break/trub

I agree. In addition did you do partial or full boil. Looks like some wort stratification as well.

You must have done a very quick chill of your wort to get such a nice mass of break material.

It was a crazy fast chill. In under ten minutes, my chiller brought it from near-boil to 80 degrees. I was still surprised to see things layer like this when pouring into the carboyl which should have mixed it more. Oh well, things have settled now and the yeast is doing its job

What kind of chiller did you use. Tap water? If tap water. Tap water temp? How many gallons of tap water would you estimate?

What kind of chiller did you use. Tap water? If tap water. Tap water temp? How many gallons of tap water would you estimate?[/quote]
It’s a new stainless steel chiller. I used tap water from my laundry room tub faucet. I would guess the temp is low 60s or high 50s. I’m not sure about exact gallons used, but the flow was pretty light and nowhere near full flow; I used a fraction of water needed for laundry. I think a big help was stopping up the drain, allowing the water to not only flow through the chiller, but fill up outside of the kettle and cooling the kettle itself

I don’t believe that is cold break. 80 degrees is not cold enough to make that much. I sometimes get this in my brew kettle during the boil and it sticks together in huge clumps and is very gelatinous. I don’t think it is bad, I’m just not believing it is cold break. This is cold break below … and lots of it.