Late boil honey addition

I’m brewing a beer that calls for 1 pound of honey added at the beginning of the 60 minute boil. I completely forgot to add the honey when the boil started. Remembered it with 15 minutes left in the boil. Should I consider extending the boil to 75? Obviously that would affect my hop utilization which was just 1 oz for 60. Any suggestions or advice appreciated.

I would just add it now. make sure it gets mixed in well, and doesnt burn on the bottom of the kettle so pour it slowly.

you’ll get more honey character adding it late rather than early.

what kind of beer?

[quote=“S.Scoggin”]I would just add it now. make sure it gets mixed in well, and doesnt burn on the bottom of the kettle so poor it slowly.

you’ll get more honey character adding it late rather than early.

what kind of beer?[/quote]

Basic brown ale, single hop with a pound of honey. Very similar to NB’s Irish Draught but with local ingredients and different hops.

Thanks for the response…I added it and figured I’d let it boil an extra 5 or so. It will still give the yeast more fuel to make alcohol and if you’re right about tasting it more in the final beer, that’s an added benefit. Seemed like an hour boil would boil away all the honey flavor anyway…