Lagers and dry yeast

oops sorry, don’t know where the large print shoutie typeface came from…

Its happened to me also… FLARS, can you help figure out where the large print comes from?:slight_smile:Sneezles61

2-3 qts or slurry? I never have much more than a quart of slurry to harvest from a lager.

I think you may if you keep pitching on top. I don’t usually pitch on top because of timing but I believe you are correct about lagers yielding less slurry.

Now may be a good time to start the lager season… What would be the choice of the lager brewers, dry or wet? Sneezles61

Could it be the unintended use of Markdown?

With a # in the first column of a line, the Markdown syntax will convert the text into headings:

1= Pilsner …

heading 2

heading 3

Here’s a screenshot of the editing windows for the above three lines

1 Like

Holy cow, now I’m so lost, I couldn’t find my way out of a paper sack….:disappointed:Sneezles61

I’ve pitched on cakes many times. Usually no more than twice but still never got that much slurry from the final one.

I suppose it depends on how dense your slurry and I’m pretty stingy about getting as much of the beer as possible into the keg.

Anyway, IMO…use a yeast calculator. If it’s fresh that much would likely be overkill. If it’s not make a starter.

It’s always lager season

1 Like

Wet for me. I’ve only used 34/70 once and did not have a good experience with it on first pitch. It performed just OK on the subsequent pitch to the cake so I went back to my fave WY 2206 Bavarian Lager yeast.

I enjoy ales best. Last yer I use the 838 bock yeast, I should try a different variety. Next W/E I will start with a 2.5 to build up… Sneezles61

So, whats yer take from that yeast… Why does it make a home run for you? Sneezles61

I’ve Boogered up the OP thread. I will start a new one. Sneezles61

It’s consistent, malt focused and flocs clean and clear.

1 Like

I tried to duplicate the large font event, but no luck.

Was the part of the message which has enhanced font a copy and paste from a Word document?

It was not a copy/paste from a Word document. I may have another way to help reproduce the problem.

edit: this thread "Lager season 2016 " Lager season 2016 is the one that @sneezles61 was planning to start up.

Answer my own question.

I found the answer.

Accidentally hitting the # key and leaving a space, will change all the following text into a large font Header. Hitting the Enter key for a new line will turn off the header font style.

Thanks @smallbatchbrewer

I’m not ‘cleaning’ the yeast, just collecting it from the bottom of the bucket. I can usually get 4 qts. if I wanted it all.
And, I agree with Danny. So far my favorite lager yeast is the 2206.
Finally, thanks for the explanation of my ‘bold’ text flars.

OK…# didn’t do it here
so ,maybe I’m the odd ball… #nope # nope # nope nope nope… Sneezles61

You know my thoughts on that. :grinning: