Lacing

One thing i like to see is the lacing dry on the side of the glass

Is that just me?

4 Likes

That means someone really cared about their mashing schedule/routine… I appreciate a frothy head that hangs around and Belgium lace right down to the bottom…
A brew with one bubble doesn’t excite me… not even the least bit…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

I poured that 1/2 hr ago

2 Likes

Hanging in there. I like the way you think

1 Like

I drink tap when ever possible… Not many have the qualities yours exhibits… Even alot of the “craft houses” don’t have the likes of your pictures!
You’d have a hard time getting me to leave…
Sneezles61

One thing i learned and i guess from my father. Is beer should be drunk out of a glass. Presentation is important.

4 Likes

The ONLY thing I don’t like about the lacing is that my wife can tell how big of a drink I take! :joy:

3 Likes

Well tell her it was a half pint and you just swirled the glass to look at the lacing

2 Likes

Take smaller sips but lots of them :grin: Please don’t tell my wife about this quantity detection method or I will be stuck with red Solo cups.

4 Likes

Now that song just got stuck in my head…
“red Solo cup, you are my friend” dammit…
Sneezles61

I always look for lacing in my beers. Few “craft” breweries measure up when it comes to head retention and lacing in my experience but I certainly notice when they do! It is definitely another indicator of a brewer who has their shid together.

Our local guy claims pH doesn’t matter in the mash… :scream: He claims its only needed for yeast health… So he adjusts at the end of the boil… See if I can stop and have a pint and take a picture…
Sneezles61

Ive noticed in CO the beers have a hard time holding the head and carbonation

Honestly it’s because of the chemicals that have to be used on glasses per govt. mandates. I get better lacing on my home glasses vs the brewery glasses from the SAME beer.

1 Like

Speaking of lacing, interesting patterns sometimes can appear in the lacing(like a potato chip that looks like Elvis, etc) here a little speck of Duvel lacing looks like a ghost already pictured in

a ghost(Rheingeist) glass.

4 Likes

that’s some kinda Voodoo shid right there! haha…aliens in yer beer dude ruuuunnnnn!!!

1 Like

Thats creepy

2 Likes

Ok, One more and then I’ll stop.:joy: Had to dig deep to find this one on the wife’s phone! This one was on Halloween night(!):ghost:a few years back…

4 Likes

Should start an insta for “beer foam art”

1 Like

I have a couple of Duvels… hanging wwaayy in the back… They are my fav!
Had to look a bit closer to see yer “spirits”… ghastly…
Sneezles61

1 Like