Kegging without cleaning?

I have a Lefse Blonde that is ready to be transfered to the keg. Last night I fried a keg of Lefse Blonde. Have any of you keggers kegged a beer of without cleaning it first if you are putting the same kind back in??

You can, but there are always risks. Contaments that have not gotten a strong hold on the last batch now have a jump start on the new batch.

You have the extra yeast in the bottom of the keg.

It only takes a couple of minutes to rinse the yeast out. Wipe any residue from around the sides. Quick splash with a sanitizer and you are ready to fill.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]You can, but there are always risks. Contaments that have not gotten a strong hold on the last batch now have a jump start on the new batch.

You have the extra yeast in the bottom of the keg.

It only takes a couple of minutes to rinse the yeast out. Wipe any residue from around the sides. Quick splash with a sanitizer and you are ready to fill.[/quote]

Okay, so a rinse without soaking in PBW overnight is okay?

There is no reason to soak it overnight. Unless you are afraid of a little elbow grease. If you can get you hand in the keg, a green bright pad will clean any debris off. Or a new toilet brush.

Or a carboy brush. That’s what I use, takes only a few minutes.

I’ve done what the OP asks. It turned out fine, but no reason to not clean. You need the sanitizer for your racking/siphon equipment, anyway.

or shaking it really hard, at a 3/rd full with a sudsy cleaner. :slight_smile:

PBW takes only 30 minutes.

I can’t get past my forearm when tryign to clean. That’s why I end up using PBW.

A new toilet brush works great for this application.

I can’t get past my forearm when tryign to clean. That’s why I end up using PBW.[/quote]
Just use a carboy brush, there’s no reason to soak it. I rinse it out with a bottle jet thing for the sink, then run a couple quarts of beer line cleaner through the lines after I’ve shaken it around in the keg for a bit. Rinse with water, then rinse with starsan. If I see anything stuck on, I use the carboy brush, but it’s not always necessary.