Kegging day beer is a little off

Brewed a Bavarian beer 3 weeks ago. Usually when I brew this beer it only takes 2 week to ferment and when I do I gravity reading I’ll drink it and it tastes great. This time it tastes off, not bad just almost not fully finished fermenting… maybe. So it is in the keg now. I hit it with some co2 and released co2 to get any oxygen that may have been in there. I turned the co2 off and set the temp to 60. Should I let it sit for a week before fully carbonating it or should I just co2 it and let it sit for a few week before drinking it? What temp should I let it sit or carbonate it to?

I would let it sit uncarbonated for a week or two sometimes lager beer take their sweet old time to finish. Even if you hit terminal gravity they sometimes take awhile to settle out. Can’t rush a lager

1 Like

It’s a hefewiezen. What temp do you think?

I’d leave it a room temp for a week… Finish up its process… It’ll make its own CO2 so I wouldn’t put any on. Sneezles61

1 Like

Ok sorry assumed it was a lager. I’d try to keep it in the higher end of the yeast recommend temperature range.

I thought the same… Yet, either way refer to above …Sneezles61

[quote=“Goregeek, post:1, topic:25745, full:true”]
Brewed a Bavarian beer 3 weeks ago. Usually when I brew this beer it only takes 2 week to ferment and when I do I gravity reading I’ll drink it and it tastes great.[/quote]

By the way what was the gravity reading?

My hefes usually finish 1.010-1.012 range…