Kegging Blackberry Milkshake IPA

Hi guys - I am looking for advice. I recently ordered the Blackberry Milkshake IPA extract kit and I plan on kegging it vs bottling it. The kit comes with some crystallized blackberry and vanilla powder. It says to add these two ingredients to some sugar water (dextrose or sucrose) on bottling day which would serve to add the flavoring and carbonate the bottles. If I am kegging the beer would I skip the added sugar and just dissolve the blackberry and vanilla in water on kegging day or is there a better method? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yes skip the sugar part. That is for bottle conditioning only. Well, there are some that keg condition with fermentable but I’ve never done it.

1 Like

Agreed. The sugar is to make CO2 inside the bottles. Boil some water, add blackberry and vanilla, then cool down. Then put into the keg with the rest of the beer, maybe slosh the keg around once it’s purged and all carbonated.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

Or if you’re not in a hurry use the sugar to carb your keg and save some CO2. either will work.