Keg washer build

Im thinking of making a multiple keg washer out of a electric power washer. Can we brainstorm this? Looking for ideas

Powerwashers don’t do well if they are on but not pushing water through the nozzle.

In all honesty, a regular ball valve with a smaller port or a head that makes a spray/mist. Use a sump or aquarium pump to shoot cleaner through it. I have seen the professional keg cleaners and they’re just more advanced versions of this

In some kinda big laundry sink… The drain would need to pass through at least a paint strainer bag… Look at a CIP ball… If they spin… BONZIA!!!
Sneezles61

Did got a high power wash cleaner. Do atach a cocacola bottle on end of. Spray gun fits perfect over. Sankey keg hole. Full.power sprays clean. Even got a soap.bottle attachment. I.never did use. But might work good with. Keg cleaner soap

I just use a hose nosel on the fan spray setting run hot water through it and dump into the laundry sink. Generally i dont even use cleaner unless its really dirty. I was thinking something more automatic daisy chain a few together.

1 Like

@wilcolandzaat i have a few sankes that need a good cleaning. Is there a way to do it without pulling the spear

I put a Y fitting on the laundry tub faucet and attached a piece of vinyl tubing then pinch the end to make a jet spray. Works nicely to fill stuff like buckets on the floor instead of hoisting it out of the tub.

Is there quick-connect fittings? If so, You’d have to build something with 1/2" pipe and some fittings… It could look like a spear head… With stems pointing up… Put end caps on them, start with the smallest drill bit you have… see if it has pressure…
Sneezles61

No quick connect on a sanke tap. Ive already disabled the back flow valves. I thought maybe blow through the outlet and out through the inlet for awhile then reverse it

Thats my quest in search as well. I think you got to pull the spear. To clean the keg. Once you got the system down on how to pull. Not real hard work

Gas goes in… Right?
Beer comes out, right?
There has to be some kind of connection to which your pressure washer can adapt. Thats what I was wondering… Q-disconnects on the sprayer its self… The keg is flared ones? Is this clicking? :joy: Clowning my friends…
And heres another gizmo to ponder… Airless paint sprayer… It sucks paint out of a 5 gallon bucket… I think it could serve a few purposes… Add some length and wash yer house too!?
Too much coffee this fine day…
Sneezles61

Same thing with a Hudson spray… Put the cleaning agent in the Hudson sprayer and push it into yer sealed keg… vented of course… then you can disconnect that and roll it around to clean the sidewalls… Now hook up the pressurized rinse/water source and proceed to flush out…
Has brewery posted how to clean a keg and what they use?
Sneezles61

Pretty simple just a couple of hose barbs. Easy enough to get liquid in and out. Can i just invert it and let the water drain out the gas port ? Normally I’ll pull the spear no big deal. Not as easy as cleaning a corny. I was just wondering if @wilcolandzaat had a way without pulling the spear.

So those nuts the hold the barbed fittings… are they an odd ball size thread? Have you looked at brewhardware.com? He’s got so many options… perhaps a way to simplify connections… You know, flared vs. barbed…? Then all you need is a 9/16" wrench… and no tugging…
Sneezles61

Why would i bother when i can just use a barbed hose end and hook it to my threaded sink faucet or power washer. The question i guess is can i get it all to drain out the gas outlet. Tomorrow I’ll give it a shot then ill pull the spear and inspect. If its good then the next time i wont bother opening. I never use cleaner just super hot water anyway

Looking like a plan. I have destroyed maybe a little over a dozen power washers in my line of business. The things that kill them are any air entering the line pre-pump and running without pressure release. Oh and garbage water coming in the intake

No i dont think there is no easy way cleaning the keg with out pulling the spear

Well i did it and it is actually quite easy. First you need to open each port and take out the back flow preventers. I leave the ball out on the beer side so can push beer in. Then hook a hot water hose onto the beer side and run water in shake and invert water will come out the gas side. Do that a few times till its clear. Then with the keg inverted turn the hot water on full flush for a bit and drain. Next put a little star san solution in. I put it through the beer port with a siphon you can probably just pour it in. Shake it around drain and your done.

I actually opened it and looked in to see it was nice and clean. Yes sorry @wilcolandzaat pulling the spear is a PITA