Keg Supply Vendors

Hello everyone, first I want to thank everyone for the awesome information that is easily found on these forums, it has been very helpful countless time. I have been brewing for about 2 years. First year was extract and this past year it has mainly been All Grain. With the switch to AG I started doing 10 gallon batches. Up until this point I have been bottling and that is starting to get quite monotonous.

I am looking to get my keg set up going now and I decided what better time then now with what I presume will be numerous holiday specials. I have been looking at Northern Brewer, Midwest and Keg Connection; does anyone have an opinion as far as which sells better products quality and or price? Has anyone had any negative experiences with any keg products mentioned from those stores? Would anyone recommend anywhere else?

Thank you all in advance for all your comments and thoughts!

:cheers:

[quote=“FowlBrew2106”]Hello everyone, first I want to thank everyone for the awesome information that is easily found on these forums, it has been very helpful countless time. I have been brewing for about 2 years. First year was extract and this past year it has mainly been All Grain. With the switch to AG I started doing 10 gallon batches. Up until this point I have been bottling and that is starting to get quite monotonous.

I am looking to get my keg set up going now and I decided what better time then now with what I presume will be numerous holiday specials. I have been looking at Northern Brewer, Midwest and Keg Connection; does anyone have an opinion as far as which sells better products quality and or price? Has anyone had any negative experiences with any keg products mentioned from those stores? Would anyone recommend anywhere else?

Thank you all in advance for all your comments and thoughts!

:cheers: [/quote]
I bought 2 reconditioned kegs, gas bottle reg and gauges from kegconnection.com. Great products and great customer service imho. I bought 2 other used kegs off craigslist and got lucky. I have the four kegs connected to two regs with T splitters in the gas lines. Works fine for me right now. Kegconnection has some pretty nice deals on black Friday. Good luck and have fun getting setup! :cheers:

I’ve ordered reconditioned kegs from McEver several times and they have always worked for me (although clearly seen use).

McEver Distributors, Inc.

www.mceverdistrib.com

(407) 786-7029

Cheers,

Jim

I’ve purchased components from all three vendors and I’ve found quality to be comparable. NB and Midwest tend to have considerably higher prices. I suggest shopping around for the parts you need.

I’ve probably purchased most of my fittings and spare parts from Keg Connections. If you want a kit, they have very high quality parts and probably the best prices. Keg equipment is their specialty after all.

I’ve purchased 8 kegs from Beverage Elements at different times. http://www.bvrgelements.com/category/Kegs/. Cleanest kegs I’ve purchased and good customer service too.

Stainless Brewing is good source for SS shanks/perlick faucets: http://www.stainlessbrewing.com/Kegging_c_17.html

Note that NB offers a 5% online discount for AHA members. MidWest offers 10%, but their system sucks (pay full price, e-mail them, they credit back 10%).

Thank you all for your input. After I sure I spent too much time analyzing my options I went with Keg Connection. I happened to be in the Twin Cities for Black Friday and did make if by the two stores neither matched up to Keg Connection. To match the price they would have needed well over 25% off, more if I counted sales tax.

I must report that I am already pleased as they have shipped my order the same day I made the purchase. I have made several purchases at NB and Midwest and it takes a day or two just to process.

When I receive my kit I’ll be sure to post pictures of my set up and let everyone know how it turns out. Hopefully this will be helpful to someone in the future like me trying to save every last penny for more grain.

Thanks again!

Kegconnection is my recommendation for buying your setup. They are the best in my opinion. However, when you decide to add a few more kegs, adventures in homebrewing is hard to beat, especially if you go with pin locks, which I like better because the diptubes are not affected if they twist while you tighten your posts.