Keezer Kits

Has anyone used the kegerator kits to build a keezer? Kegconnection has a 4 faucet kegerator kit that is supposed to have everything needed to turn a freezer into a keezer and am curious if it’s a good idea to go with one of these kits or if it would be better to get individual parts?

Also wondering if there are any parts that you feel are important to upgrade? This will be my first keezer build so will probably keep it pretty basic but don’t want to buy replacement parts after I get it put together.

Well, the size freezer you use (how many kegs fit in it) will determine how many faucets you need… AND, I’d make some sort of base with castor wheels. You’ll need to pull it out for cleaning… The little castor wheels seem to get hung up/stuck easily. There are a whole bunch of neat builds if you look online…
I used perlick faucets… I left my gas and the gas manifold out of the keezer…. In fact, I even left one gas connection outside also for sealing up kegs and force carbing before I put in the keezer.
Sneezles61
EDIT: welcome back!

2 Likes

I haven’t seen what is in the kit but I’d take them at their word they are a reputable company. Ill bet it comes with directions which will save you doing research. You may be able to source the parts cheaper but only you can decide if its worth it.

2 Likes